Thursday, June 2, 2011

Making the Right thing Easy

My Dad often quoted a friend and horse trainer as saying, "Your job is to make the right thing easy and the wrong thing hard." Since I am not your parent or trainer I will try not to make anything hard, but I kind of figure that making the right thing easy sometimes does that on its own.

My goal with this blog, my business, my children, and any educational ministry I do is to make the right thing easy. I hope to find out through study and experience the best way to take care of my families basic needs and spiritual growth, and then learn the simplest way to do that and pass it on to others. I don't think that being environmentally responsible, a good steward of your resources, generous to those around you, and contemplative should seem like an insurmountable task, but it often does.

I think I've about conquered the cloth diaper thing, now I just have to figure out the best way to communicate it with others. And move on to learning something new myself. If the Lord is willing, some day, probably when I am old, I will have a concise little set of books on all of these subjects and will save future generations of young Christian homemakers a lot of work. Until then I am just a work in progress, which you would know if you could see my kitchen.

No comments: