Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chicken Alfredo Soup

Also known as Spinach Dip. I don't know what to call this recipe. It is served as an appetizer at our favorite local Italian Restaurant, but we have it as the main course. You dip your bread in it, but it's so much more than dip.

1 12 oz. can evaporated milk, or 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 8 oz. can powdery parmesan cheese (the fancy/real kind that is just grated doesn't melt as well)
2 cloves or 1 tbs. garlic
1/4 cup butter
handful of dried parsley
1 cup fresh spinach
1 lb. grilled chopped chicken
opt. 2 fresh chopped roma or plum tomatoes or 1 12 oz. can diced tomatoes no salt added

1 dozen rolls with garlic butter melted on top.

Heat the first five ingredients in a large sauce pan until butter is melted.
Wilt in the spinach leaves and add chicken.
Scoop into 2-4 soup bowls and serve with bread for dipping.

So easy and delicious. Growing up, my mom's Fettuccine Alfredo was my favorite food (I ate most of a recipe by myself when I was two.) Just add 8 oz. of egg noodles instead of the Chicken and Spinach. It will serve up to 6 as a side dish. I think this is just the more grown up version.

(I will add pictures after our dinner party tonight)

No comments: